Figure 1. TLV493D Applications
The 3D magnetic sensor TLV493D-A1B6 offers accurate three dimensional sensing with extremely low power consumption. Within its small 6-pin package the sensor provides direct measurement of the x, y and z magnetic field components, making it ideally suited for the measurement of:
- 3D movement
- Linear travel
- 360° angle rotation
By combining 3-axis measurement in a small package, with low power consumption, the TLV493D-A1B6 provides contactless position sensing to applications currently using po¬tentiometers or optical solutions. System size can be reduced, as magnetic threshold sta¬bility over temperature provides a more accurate and robust solution for these systems.
The sensor provides a standard 2-wire digital I2C interface, which enables high speed bi-directional communication between the sensor and microcontroller.
In keeping with the highest quality standards and environmental regulations, the sensor is RoHs compliant and JESD47 qualified.
TLV493D features include:
- 3D magnetic sensing
- Integrated temperature sensing
- Low current consumption
- 0.007 μA in power down mode
- 10 μA in ultra low power mode
- 2.7 to 3.5 V operating supply voltage
- Digital output via 2-wire standardI2C interface0110
- B010111010, By and Bz linear field measurement up to ±130 mT
- 12-bit data resolution for each measurement direction
- Resolution 98 μT/LSB
- Operating temperature range from -40 °C to 125 °C
- TSOP6 package
- Joystick eg. finger, thumb and gaming paddles
- E-meters eg. anti-tampering
- Control elements eg. white goods, multifunction knob