The BitCloud® Software Development Kit (SDK) provides a comprehensive set of tools, including full-featured reference applications, ZigBee PRO stack libraries and user documentation. Using the SDK, users can quickly develop wireless products compliant with the ZigBee Home Automation profile as well as the Light Link profile.
The BitCloud SDK provides a reliable, scalable and secure wireless solution which supports large mesh networks consisting of hundreds of devices. Offering ultra-low power consumption, it can provide for up to 15 years of battery life.
Applications developed with the BitCloud SDK may be targeted at Atmel® microcontrollers that feature a built-in ZigBee radio. These include the SAM R21 family of MCUs containing an ARM® Cortex®-M0+ processor core, and the 8-bit ATmega256RFR2 and ATmega2564RFR2 MCUs. Atmel also supplies the ATmega256RFR2 ZigBit wireless module, which includes the MCU and an integrated chip antenna or UFL connector.
The SAM R21 devices are supported by the ATSAMR21ZLL-EK, a ZigBee Light Link evaluation kit featuring the ATSAMR21G18A microcontroller.
Supported by the Atmel Studio integrated development platform, the kit supports antenna diversity, and features an RGB LED, QTouch touch-sensing interface, OLED display, joystick, user LEDs, user switch, and external USB and UART interfaces.
- Full standards compliance with the ZigBee PRO certified platform
- Easy-to-use ‘C’ applications programming interface
- Reliable data transmission benefitting from true mesh routing
- Flexible, easy-to-use developer tools
- One-source support from ZigBee PRO stack experts
- Wireless lighting-control systems
- Wireless home-automation networks