The accelerometer has user-selectable full scales of ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g, and is capable of measuring acceleration with output data rates ranging from 1Hz to 5.3kHz.
When operating in Normal mode at an output data rate of 1Hz, it draws just 2μA. In Power-down mode, this current requirement drops to just 0.5μA.
The IIS2DH may be configured to generate interrupt signals at two independent inertial wake-up/free-fall events, as well as by the position of the device itself. Its self-test capability allows the user to check the functionality of the sensor in the final application.
The device is available in a plastic land-grid array package measuring 2mm x 2mm x 1mm. It is guaranteed to operate over an extended temperature range from -40°C to 85°C.
- Supply-voltage range: 1.71V to 3.6V
- I2C/SPI digital output interface
- Three operating modes: • Low-power | • Normal | • High-resolution mode
- Two independent programmable interrupt generators for free-fall and motion detection
- Embedded self-test
- Temperature sensor
- Anti-tampering devices
- Vibration monitoring
- Tilt/inclination measurements
- Impact recognition and logging
- Industrial tools and factory equipment
- Motion-activated functions