ON Semiconductor’s latest CMOS image sensor for use in advanced security video cameras combines industry-leading lowlight capabilities with superior High-Definition (HD) picture quality.
The AR0230CS image sensor features a wide dynamic range of 105dB, and its optical format is 1/2.7 inch (6.6mm).
A 2.1Mpixel CMOS image sensor with integrated High Dynamic Range (HDR) support, the AR0230CS enables the capture of HD 1080p video data at a rate of 60 frames/s. It provides for high picture quality even in difficult conditions for imaging, since it features motion compensation, advanced local tone mapping and digital lateral overflow to minimise motion artefacts and to enhance HDR colour reproduction.
The AR0230CS also provides an interleaved T1/T2 output for designers using third-party HDR software.
ON Semiconductor’s proprietary 3.0μm DR-Pix™ pixel technology is used to enhance low-light performance and to widen the dynamic range up to a maximum of 105dB. The DR-Pix pixel has two modes:
- a low conversion-gain mode which is optimised for bright environments, offering greater charge-handling capacity
- a high conversion-gain mode which offers high sensitivity and low read-out noise in lowlight environments.
The operating temperature of the AR0230CS spans from -30°C to 85°C. The device provides both parallel and HiSPi™ interfaces.
- 1080p IP cameras
- Home security equipment
- In-car digital video recorders
- Global reset release-shutter mode
- On-board statistics engine
- High-speed configurable context switching
- Automatic black-level calibration
- Phase-locked loop
- Temperature sensor