Vishay’s new vPolyTan™ T55 series of surface-mount polymer tantalum moulded chip capacitors offers extremely low ESR of as little as 30mΩ at 25°C and 100kHz.
The low ESR of the T55 capacitors is attributable to their polymer cathodes, which offer better performance than manganese dioxide devices. In addition, the T55 series’ high ripple-current capability, as well as its low ESR, provide for superior charge/discharge characteristics.
The T55 series devices are available in five different case sizes offering capacitance values ranging from 3.3μF to 330μF. The series’ voltage ratings span the range from 2.5V to 10V.
The operating temperature range of the T55 capacitors is -55°C to 105°C, with voltage derating above 85°C.
- Up to 1.78Arms ripple current rating
- cases J, P, and A: 100% tin
- cases B and T: Ni/Pd/Au
- Compatible with high-volume automatic pick-and-place equipment
- Moisture sensitivity level 3
- Capacitance tolerance: ±20%
- Decoupling, smoothing, filtering
- Bulk energy storage in wireless cards
- Infrastructure equipment
- Storage and networking
- Computer motherboards
- Smartphones and tablets