Vishay Intertechnology has introduced a new series of epoxy-coated miniature sensors suitable for use in automotive temperature probes.
Using advanced Negative Temperature Coefficient (NTC) thermistor technology, the NTCLE213E3 sensors can capture accurate temperature measurements extremely fast: the devices’ response time when operating in moving air is 5s. This fast response time is attributable in part to the sensor’s small body diameter of <2.5mm.
The NTCLE213E3 sensors also have a rugged design which is tolerant of thermal shocks. The devices are available in bulk with long (41mm) tinned nickel leads, or in tape-on reel format for automated mounting.
- Automotive temperature sensing
- Engine coolant temperature measurement
- Temperature manifold absolute pressure sensing
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems
- AEC-Q200 qualified high sensitivity
- Operating temperature range: -55°C to 150°C
- 100mW maximum power dissipation