The PTN36242L is a dual-port SuperSpeed USB3.0 re-driver IC which enhances signal quality in very high-speed USB systems.
It performs Receive equalisation on a deteriorated input signal, followed by Transmit de-emphasis, in order to improve the performance of a link between a USB host and a USB peripheral.
Providing excellent differential signal conditioning and enhancement, the PTN36242L gives the designer flexibility, and the capability to improve performance in systems with different PCB trace and cable-channel conditions, without paying a power penalty.
The PTN36242L supports data signalling at a rate of 5Gbits/s through each of four channels (two channels at each port). The data flow of one channel faces the USB host, and another channel faces the USB peripheral or device. Each channel consists of a high-speed Transmit differential lane and a high-speed Receive differential lane.
The PTN36242L has built-in power-management capability which enables the use of various USB3.0 low-power modes. It detects LFPS signalling and link electrical conditions, and can dynamically activate or deactivate internal circuitry and logic. The device performs these actions without host software intervention.
The PTN36242L is powered by a 3.3V supply. It is available in a 3mm x 6mm x 0.85mm HVQFN32 package.
- Notebook/netbook platforms
- Docking stations
- Desktop and AIO platforms
- Server and storage platforms
- USB3.0 peripherals
- Supports USB 3.0 specification (SuperSpeed only)
- Selectable Receive equalisation on each channel to recover from InterSymbol Interference and high-frequency losses
- Selectable Transmit de-emphasis and output swing on each channel
- Integrated termination resistors
- Hot-plug capability
- 743mW Active-mode power
- 8kV (human body model) and 1kV (charged device model) ESD protection on high-speed pins