The AS5600 is an easy to program magnetic rotary position sensor with a high resolution 12-bit analog or PWM output.
This contactless system measures the absolute angle of a diametric magnetized on-axis magnet. This AS5600 is designed for contactless potentiometer applications and its robust design eliminates the influence of any homogenous external stray magnetic fields.
The industry standard I2C interface supports simple user programming of non-volatile parameters without requiring a dedicated programmer. An easy start and stop position programming in a so called “3 wire mode” without a programmer or digital interface is also implemented. The default range of the output is 0° to 360°. The AS5600 can be applied to smaller range by programming a zero angle (start position) and a maximum angle (stop position). The AS5600 is also equipped with a smart low power mode feature to automatically reduce the power consumption.
- Highest reliability and durability
- Simple programming
- Great flexibility on angular excursion
- High resolution output signal
- Selectable output
- Low power consumption
- Contactless potentiometers
- Contactless knobs
- High-reliability industrial and consumer equipment
- User-programmable start and stop positions
- Maximum angle programmable from 18° to 360°
- 12-bit DAC output resolution
- Analogue or PWM-encoded digital outputs
- ±0.28% non-linearity over a full 360° at the digital output
- 0.015°rms maximum noise