A new family of LEDs in a PLCC-2 package, which can handle higher drive currents for improved luminous intensity, is available from Vishay Intertechnology.
The VLMx334 series LEDs, a modification of Vishay’s VLMx31 series, can incorporate larger chips and are thus capable of withstanding drive currents up to 70mA.
Benefitting from advanced AllnGaP technology, the VLMx334 devices provide exceptional brightness with a typical luminous intensity of 3,760mcd and maximum luminous intensity of 6,052mcd at 70mA. At the same time, improved junction-to-ambient thermal resistance of 300K/W is 25% lower than that of the previous VLMx333 product.
- Traffic signals and signs
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Dashboard illumination
- Indicator lighting and backlighting
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- Each packing unit categorised according to luminous intensity and colour
- Luminous intensity ratio per packing unit: IV (max.)/IV (min.) ≤1.6
- ±60° angle of half intensity
- Up to 2kV ESD capability according to JESD22-A114-B
|Part Number||Colour||Luminous Intensity Range|
(mcd) at 50mA
|Typical Wavelength||Maximum Forward|
Voltage at 50mA
|VLMS334||Super Red||1120 to 2800||630nm||2.8V|
|VLMR334||Red||1800 to 4500||625nm||2.8V|
|VLMK334||Amber||1800 to 4500||616nm||2.8V|
|VLMY334||Yellow||1800 to 4500||589nm||2.8V|