TE Connectivity’s (TE’s) Inverted Card Edge and Inverted Poke-In Platform are new, Inverted Through-Board (ITB) connectors which provide a direct power connection between driver boards located on the underside of the LED array boards found in most LED bulb designs.
These connectors provide a minimum of 3.0mm creep and clearance distance from the connector contacts to any dead metal elements in the lighting-system design.
The Inverted Poke-In connector provides an additional 1.0mm depth to accommodate wire insulation guide barrels on the bottom of the connector.
TE’s new ITB connectors help lighting equipment manufacturers to eliminate secondary SMT assembly processes, because the ITB connectors may be processed at the same time as all other components on the PCB.
The connector’s low profile also minimises LED light obstruction and shadowing.
The new connectors provide high stability, offering surface-mount hold-downs when mating, poke-in mating and un-mating driver boards.
The Inverted Poke-In Connector can accommodate 18-22 AWG and 24-26 AWG wire.
- Inverted mating interface for PCB, cardedge connector only
- Rated for five mating cycles, card-edge connector only
- Tin-plated to mate to tin pads on driver PCB
- Non-releasable Poke-In type, one-time application
- Rated for 400V AC or DC and 3A
- 3mm creep and clearance from contacts to metal-core PCB substrate for nonisolated line voltage
- Retrofit LED bulbs
- Track lighting